Thursday, September 22, 2011

Serafina Panini Window: APPROVED


It’s about time that I checked out the Serafina Panini Window.  As my loyal readers know, about a month ago I was walking my bike up a hill when I saw an awning that I had never seen before at Serafina.  The awning was red with white letters and said “Panini Window.”  I mentioned it in this blog and I was curious to what this Panini Window was all about. 

The next week, on my bike route, menus for the Panini Window were posted on telephone poles. It was as if Serafina had read this blog and put the answer on my bike route. 

This Monday I tried a panini and I will be trying more and more paninis from this window.

I ate the salami panini and it was perfect.  It was toasted and stayed perfectly crispy while I ate.  I am a very slow eater.  It was not too crispy so it was still easy to bite off and chew.  And the artichoke olivata?  Ahhhh, perfection. 

My friend enjoyed the caprese and it looked so good that I will be eating that next time I visit the Panini Window. Although the Popchetta's pickled onion and salsa verde has got to be amazing.  I can't wait to try that too!  

I would like to see more fine dining restaurants offer good takeout lunches.  Thank you Serafina


Check out the other post about Sarafina: 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Flying Fish has a great takeaway place next door called On the Fly, and I love the Dahlia Bakery for great lunch fare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I am going to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete