Saturday, August 6, 2011

Reflections on the First Week

It was hard to get started but I really enjoyed bike commuting. It was nice to get out and enjoy the summer, get some exercise and have new experiences with my baby. My approach was just to go and as long as I had the basic safety stuff I figured that I could make do. This approach served me well. The few things I need, I still have not found the time to go to the shops and buy. For example, the bike lock. That’s a pretty important item but it worked out. I still have my bike.  Had I waited until I had all the cool gear I would still be waiting.  


I learned a few things about preparedness. The day I had to leave early and my baby fell a sleep, I really could have used bus fare. This week I have a little cash, just in case. Also, life would be easier if I had a way to carry stuff. I have to take lunches, my purse and supplies for the daycare. It is not working for me to have a bag across my shoulders or even a backpack. The goal this week is to get a bike lock and figure out a better way to carry stuff and of course to keep riding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment