Monday, August 15, 2011

Dear Bike Thief: Take the Lock Not the Bike

I now own a nice bike lock.  It is super strong and really heavy, possibly heavier than my two-year-old son.  It is orange and black, and I open the lock with a key.

The sales guy at the store asked me where I was planning to lock my bike and recommended a pretty hefty lock, much heftier than I would have bought. I have not been locking my bike so my sense of security is pretty high. On the other hand, he is a salesperson and I might have been shamboozled.
(Shamboozled is bamboozled but by a sales person.)

This bike lock is probably worth more than my bike.  I am guessing the bike lock is easier to sell than a bike.  So, Dear Bike Thieves, I would recommend stealing the lock, not my old bike.

2 comments:

  1. Certain parts of a cruiser will rust if left out in wet conditions, especially the chain, and if the chain rusts you cruiser will not ride as smooth as it should.
    bike seat

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gear system on this cruiser is the Shimano internal3-speed California Bikes.


    beach cruiser bikes

    ReplyDelete